Work and travel
- your country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit, or
- you may be able to use a Recognized Organization.
Working Holiday in Canada
International Experience Canada (IEC) Basic Visa Requirements. In order to qualify for a Working Holiday visa and depending on the program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country such as; Austria, Australia, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and USA.
- Hold a valid passport from a country which has a reciprocal arrangement with Canada;
- Be aged between 18-35 years of age at the time of the application(depending on the relevant program);
- Be a full-time student in some cases, possess no criminal convictions or serious medical conditions;
- Have private health insurance and sufficient funds for their intended stay; and
- Additional conditions as applicable to each program.
Types of visas
Fund your vacation with temporary work in Canada. The work portion of your trip lets you earn money so that you can fund your travels during your stay. It is a great way to afford side trips, other excursions and accommodations while you are in Canada.
Gain Canadian professional work experience to better compete in a global economy. Widen your career horizons by working on teams from diverse cultural backgrounds, learn new approaches to doing business, experience a different country and learn another language.
Acquire valuable overseas work experience related to your field of study. The International Co-op Internship is for students who intend to complete a work placement or internship in Canada to fulfill part of their academic curriculum.
Migrate International is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for various visas.Read more