Start a business
Business Visas for Australia
- Provisonal Business Innovation and Investment Visa (188)
- Temporary Short Stay Activity Visa (400)
- Permanent Business Visas
The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) is part of the Business Innovation and Investment Programme.
You must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and be nominated by a state or territory government or Austrade on behalf of the Australian government before being invited to apply for this visa.
The visa includes four streams:
- Business Innovation stream: for people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by a state or territory government.
- Investor stream: for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5million in an Australian state or territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by a state or territory government.
- Significant Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD5million into complying significant investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Applicants can be nominated by a state or territory government or Austrade on behalf of the Australian government.
- Premium Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD15million into complying premium investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by Austrade on behalf of the Australian government.
Holding this visa is the first stage before becoming eligible to qualify for a Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).
Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400)
This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia to:
- do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
- participate in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation, or
- in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests.
Generally the stay period allowed is up to three months but up to six months may be considered in limited circumstances if supported by a strong business case.
You might be eligible for this visa if you are outside Australia and you:
- have specialised skills, knowledge or experience that can assist Australian business
- have been invited to participate in an event by an organisation in Australia, or
- are required in Australia for exceptional circumstances of national importance, such as to assist following a natural disaster.
To apply, you must be able to show that:
· the work you want to do or your participation in the event is short term and non-ongoing
· you need to be in Australia to do the work or participate in the activity
· you have personal attributes or an employment background relevant to the work or activity
· you have enough money to support yourself and your accompanying family members while you are in Australia
· you have the support of the organisation for which you will be working or which invited you to Australia
· you will not study a course in Australia that leads to a formal qualification
· you meet health and character requirements.
The permanent business visas applications are done in Australia.
Migrate International is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for various visas.Read more